Page updated on April 8th, 2021
Marseille Provence airport remains open
Marseille Provence airport remains open 24/7
How to prepare your trip & come to the airport?
Prepare your trip
Beyond the usual preparation for an airplane flight (identity papers, containers of less than 100 mL in the cabin, etc.), there are now several recommendations to be taken into account in order to comply with health measures.
- Allow sufficient time to check in and go through security passages, respecting the new sanitary procedures;
- If possible, and in order to limit contact during boarding, check in directly online using the tools available through your airline;
Entry and travel within France
- If your flight (or journey to / from the airport to catch your flight) is between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., you must have an exceptional travel certificate.
Your boarding pass or proof of flight reservation should be valid.
All passengers entering French territory (intra-EU and non-EU) must have passed a PCR test less than 72 hours before their flight and present, before boarding:
- a declaration of honor that you are symptom-free and have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days;
- a certificate of negative results of a PCR test of less than 72 hours;
- a declaration of honor committing you to a 7-day isolation period upon arrival, after which you will perform a new PCR test.
- for non-EU travelers, a travel certificate;
- If your destination country requests the results of a PCR test of less than 72 hours before entering the territory, please check our dedicated page to find a laboratory in the airport area
Access to the airport
All of our flights are currently taking off from Terminal 1
(Terminal A hall 1 and 2 are temporarily closed given the reduced traffic during this particular periode).
To get to the airport, taxis and public transport are available to make your trips.
- Monday to Friday: 72 trains serving the Vitrolles - Aéroport Marseille Provence (VAMP) station from 6:24 a.m. to 10:03 p.m.
- Saturday: 46 trains serving the VAMP station from 6:24 am to 11 pm
- Sunday: 44 trains serving the VAMP station from 6:24 am to 10:03 pm
For detailed train schedules, see www.oui.sncf.
If you are going to the airport with your personal vehicle, you can book your parking space upstream via the AMP Store website.
Information on flights confirmed by airlines
To help you plan your trip, you will find below the list of flights that have been confirmed by the airlines to date (last update on April 8th, 2021).
|List of confirmed flights|
until October 30th, 2021
Inventory of the latest route programs given by our airline partners, following the Covid-19 crisis.
Programs subject to change according to government restrictions, health requirements and the reopening of the borders of the countries.
To find out the schedules of the flights operated and to buy your plane tickets, we invite you to go directly to your airline's website, which has the most up-to-date information.
Cancellation, refund and exchange
You wish to cancel or postpone your trip
If you wish to cancel or postpone your trip, we advise you to contact your airline to find out the conditions applied. You can also contact your travel agency if you have booked your trip through.
Your airline canceled your flight
In the event that your airline has canceled your flight, we invite you to contact it directly to find out the refund or exchange conditions applied.
If you have reserved parking at Marseille Provence Airport and you or your airline canceled your flight during the health crisis, exceptional measures are planned:
• We refund the amount of your parking reservation for any reservation that has not yet started (your cancellation request must be made at the latest one hour before the start of your reservation). To do so, go to your AMP Store account to cancel your reservation.
• If your reservation has already started and has not been used, you can send us your request for reimbursement via our contact form.
If you wish to cancel a bus shuttle ticket booked through AMP Store, you can request a full refund using our contact form.
Services and shops
Given the French context, the services and restaurants usually available to passengers are not all open. . Restaurants and cafés only offer take-out.
View shops and restaurants.
Outside the terminals:
- The Total service station, which offers a take-out catering solution.
- All of the car rental companies are also at your disposal. ⚠️Reduced hours during this period, please contact the desk for exact opening timetables ⚠️
- If you wish to benefit from an accommodation solution, Best Western, Pullman, and Ibis hotels are currently at your disposal for any reservation.
Terminal 1 Hall A and 2 are currently closed.
Contact & useful links
For any questions, we invite you to go to our FAQ and use our contact form.
See all information to TRAVEL SAFE
Additional information and useful links
For further information and real-time recommendations, visit the following sites:
- Coronavirus information: www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus (only in French)
- Advice for travelers to France: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/