TRAVEL BY PLANE
Reminder: Passengers must be in possession of a valid passport or a government issued National Identity card which has been issued solely for the purpose of identification (i.e. driver’s licence, electoral register cards etc are not included).Passengers, who arrive at an airport without a valid form of identification, as advised and agreed to at the time of their booking, will not be able to travel.
A passport for travel outside the EEA (European Economic Area) must be valid for period of intended stay.
- Minors must present their own identity card or be on their parents passport. Family certificate will not be enough.
- In any way, please check with your local authorities.
- Online check-in : Before you leave, please ask your airline about their online registration policy .
- Air passenger rights
- Entry and residence: To find out how to enter and reside in each country as well as useful information to know, check the travel advice from the foreign affairs ministry of your country. For French Foreign Affairs Ministry : Ministère des Affaires Étrangères
- Health requirements: For sanitary requirements and information about the health of your destination, visit of the Committee of Medical Information :Comité d'Informations Médicales
- Customs formalities : Read the French customs website.
- TRAVEL TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: The ESTA form is mandatory for all entry on U.S. territory. This form must be ABSOLUTELY printed for departure it is payable by credit card: check the official web site
- Foreign Affairs French Ministry proposes to French citizens to disclose data on their trips abroad to keep them informed in a crisis in the territory. To do this, log onto the site Ariane.
BIOMETRIC BORDER CROSSING
PARAFE : Bénéficiez d’un contrôle biométrique automatisé pour passer la frontière en quelques secondes !
PARAFE = Automated Fast Track Crossing at External Borders, on both departure and arrival.
WHOM DOES THIS APPLY?
Adults with a valid passport (6 months before its expiry date) and who are:
- either citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEE) and the Swiss Confederation,
- or the spouse of a citizen of the EU, EEE or Swiss Confederation, nationals of third countries, having a French residence permit "member of a family of a European Union citizen".
- or spouse of a French national holding in this respect a temporary residence permit with the wording "issued for reasons connected with family and private life" or a full residence permit.
NB: For technical reasons, Parafe cannot be used by minors or people in wheelchairs.
WHERE IS PARAFE LOCATED?
In Hall 1, after check-in and the security checks, PARAFE is located on the 1st floor.
IF YOU HAVE A FRENCH BIOMETRIC PASSPORT*, (the word passport is underlined under the cover) you can use PARAFE immediately
Make your way to the entrance to the biometric gate located by the Border Police checkpoint (in Hall 1, 1st floor for departures, on the ground floor for arrivals).
- 3 steps:
- Insert your biometric passport into the terminal located at the entrance to the gate,
- The door opens. Enter the biometric gate and place a finger on the sensor,
- The check is carried out, the exit door of the biometric gate opens, you are now in the departure lounge.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FRENCH BIOMETRIC PASSPORT, you can register free of charge on site:
Registration takes only a few minutes, it is carried out in the office just before the border control, and will be valid for 5 years.
To register you need to provide a valid passport (at least 6 months before its expiry date) and record your fingerprints. These will be used exclusively in connection with PARAFE.
Registration is valid for all airports where the PARAFE system has been installed (currently Marseille Provence, Paris Orly and Paris CDG).
Once registered in the Parafe program, you will be able to cross borders quickly, on both departure and arrival.
PROHIBITED ITEMS AND LUGGAGE
Passengers must always be subject to controls before boarding (searches of hand luggage, passing under the metal detector).
All prohibited objects (sharp, blunt, generally anything that can be used in an offensive way) must be registered in checked luggage or abandoned to the positions inspection filtering for destruction.
In order to avoid overloading the length of controls it is asked to keep only one hand luggage.
Be careful! To overcome the time necessary for security measures, it is strongly recommended that passengers anticipate their arrival at the airport.
- Please read the advices.
- Forbidden in hand luggage :
- Liquid limitations :
- For all information about luggages, please connect to the dedicated luggage page
NO SMOKING AIRPORT
Like all public buildings Marseille Provence Airport is a smoke-free place.
To protect both smokers and nonsmokers, the Government decided to ban smoking in public places, since February 2007.
DISABLED AND HANDICAPPED PEOPLE
- Pursuant to European Regulation of July 5, 2006 and as of July 26, 2008, Marseille Provence Airport provides assistance to PRM (Persons with disabilities and reduced mobility).
- It is now mandatory to get your need assistance with your airline at least 48 hours prior to your flight in order to benefit from the help desk.
Access to Car Parks
Access to dedicated spaces and the location of call boxes will be marked with a simple call to the intercom input terminals.
- Access to TerminalsMarseille Provence airport offers of call boxes near each terminal and mp1 mp ². (see map below).
To benefit from support service :
Introduce yourself to one of two call boxes identified at least 2 hours before flight departure. Someone will assist you from the call location.
Introduce yourself to check-in at the time specified by the trip organizer, at least 1 hour before flight departure.
Note that if you do not notify the airline you need assistance at least 48 hours before departure, the airport can not guarantee shipment in time.
Our facilities are equipped with sanitary installations in public halls and lounges.
easily recognizable icons :
Elevators are systematically integrated into the circuitry for a simplified path from car park to the aircraft.
BIOMETRIC BORDER CROSSING